That’s right folks. It’s official. Natty Nook is one year old as of yesterday.
I cannot tell you how excited this makes me. I seriously contemplated throwing a party…the only problem is, I’m pretty sure I would be the only one in attendance. Whomp Whomp.
I knocked out a couple of projects this weekend and am excited to share a bit about those later on this week but since we’re celebrating today, it’s time to reminisce.
After all, that’s what birthdays are for, right?
If you’ve been tuned in since the beginning, you’ll notice somethings have changed around here in the last year…
1) In the beginning… there were two…
Lena came to me a little over a year ago with an awesome idea for a blog. “What’s a blog” was my response… okay, not really but kind of. We pioneered the blog (her doing most of the ground work) for about 8 months until… well… now look at her…
Yep. Her eggo is mega preggo. Now a days she hangs out here and keeps an upbeat and funny blog about the happenings of pregnancy. And you… well you’re stuck with me and my klutzy life ramblings.
2) A year ago, I used a borrowed point and shoot camera to take pics like this…shout out to you Mal for letting me steal your camera for a whole 6 months!
Now I do NOT claim to be a photographer any little bit but I do own a DSLR and am slowly learning about lighting, aperture, bokeh, etc. Definitely improving… I think.
3) I’ve added more recipe and food posts. One thing I have learned about myself over the past year is that I am incredibly passionate about food. I would have NEVER guessed that I would be that person that hosts dinner parties for friends but keeps them waiting while I snap pics in the kitchen… yep, that’s me…and you get to hear about it. Cooking keeps me warm on those days when the world feels cold. You helped me discover that so thank you.
4) My days are now consumed with thoughts of Natty Nook. I have fell more in love with blogging than I ever thought possible. I never have been one to claim myself as “creative” but blogging has really become an outlet for that. When we first began, I was only luke-warm to the idea… now, it’s full-throttle and I spend copious amounts of time crafting. Now if only I could finish a project or two…
5) The reason Natty Nook has become a full out passion for me is you. That’s right…. you. You are the reason. Your kind words, comments and emails that are constantly encouraging me. The fact that you visit AND keep on coming back AND encourage your friends to read the quirkiness that is Natty Nook. Thank you. I appreciate each and every one of you so much more than you know and have so enjoyed “meeting” those of you who stop by to say hey.
Here’s to one year and many, many more!