If you follow this blog semi-regularly you know that I am OBSESSED with quiche (pronounced keesh if you’re just coming onto the scene). They make a weekly appearance in our household but never with the same ingredients.
That’s the beauty of a quiche… you can throw anything together with eggs and have it turn out awesome… bell peppers, ham, turkey, spinach, peas, bacon, corn, syrup.. you name it.
Last Friday night was consumed with cooking quiche and watching Lord of the Rings…
You know you’re jealous.
I seriously was needing an excuse to spend WAY too much time in the kitchen and this totally filled the culinary void in my life.
I mean when you’re surrounded by this much bacon…
And you get to crack these many eggs…
Don’t forget all these cookies…
Hangin’ in the kitchen all night doesn’t seem to bad, eh?
But seriously. Make quiche this week.
Pour them in muffin tins lined with pie crust to make yourself feel hoity toity. Put on something nice and use the good china. Have friends over…encourage them bring wine and cheese. Get fancy… quiche is nice… mini quiches are resplendent.
Sometimes I make these and keep them in the fridge for an “on-the-go” breakfast… they’re like a serious power protein-infused muffin… but better!
Make these tonight…
Hickory Bacon and Spinach Quiche Recipe:
- 8 eggs
- 1 bag frozen spinach
- 1 package hickory bacon (can be normal)
- 1/4 cup milk
- Pre-made pie crust (optional)
- Hickory syrup (maple will be just fine) to taste
- Dash of cayenne pepper
1. Cook bacon then cut into little pieces. While bacon is cooking, whisk together eggs and milk.
2. Rinse and drain spinach. Combine spinach, bacon, egg mixture, and spices until thoroughly mixed.
3. Line pie plate (or muffin tins) with crust. *Note: I used the top of a mason jar to cut circles in the pie crust for the muffin tins.